The Barcelona Daybed: Ancient Charm
The Barcelona Daybed, created by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe is one beautiful piece of design, requested for many as the final touch of class in their living room.
A leather upholstered daybed, its solid, but sober shape has reminiscenses of the ancient Egypt. But is not due to its magnetic figure that the Barcelona Daybed fill our senses with elegance. Its about quality and being faithful to the original design.
The Barcelona Day Bed made by Barcelona Design is expertly built following Mies van der Rohe’s exacting standards: It sits upon on a polished tubular stainless steel base and a strong ash wood platform finished with a protective clear lacquer. Taken from a single cowhide, 72 individual panels are then cut, welted and tufted with leather and buttons, all by hand.
For additional comfort, its cushions are filled with high-end, fire retardant, urethane foam. For cushion support, 17 straps are stretched over a rubber webbing. Finally, its characteristic matching leather bolster, unique to the Barcelona Daybed, is secured to the cushioning platform with straps and lock snaps for additional support.
- Hand-welted and hand-tufted 72 individual leather panels.
- Single cowhide produced Leather and buttons.
- Premium quality, fire retardant, high-resiliency urethane foam cushions.
- Cowhide Belting Leather Upholstery straps.
- Straps stretched over rubber webbing for cushion support.
- Leather Bolster Secured to cushion platform with straps and lock snaps.
- Polished tubular stainless steel legs.
- Ashwood Platform finished with a protective clear lacquer.
- 100% Premium Top-Grain Italian Leather.
- Several Colors Available.