Elements of Design with the Barcelona Chair: Stripes
A simple element can mean a lot in terms of interior design. Simple patterns give you the freedom to play and experiment. That’s what happens with stripes.
Thin, thick, colorful, monochromatic, soft, and bold. There is a lot you can experiment with stripes. Uniform, regular and monochromatic stripes build a formal place. miscellaneous shapes, colorful stripes may induce us to a relaxed, cheerful setting.
There are of course some trends on stripes that must be considered always to get the most of this pattern.
- First of all, keep in mind that stripes belong to the walls, and never to the floor.
- Use vertical stripes in short walls to make you feel in a higher room.
- Use horizontal stripes in tied walls to make you feel a wider wall.
- Stripes can be enough to our senses for themselves, other elements hanging on the walls had to be considered with care, to avoid overcharge the wall visually.
- Use stripes only in plain walls
Go to Barcelona Design and find the best offers and inspo in Mid Century Modern Style Furniture, with great masterwork pieces, like the Barcelona Chair, and Barcelona Sofa.